Uniting Against Amyloidosis: Highlights from the European ATTR Congress
Amyloidosis is a rare and complex group of diseases that involve the buildup of abnormal proteins in various organs, leading to a wide range of symptoms and complications. The European ATTR (Transthyretin Amyloidosis) Congress, scheduled for November 2 and 3, promises to be a significant event in the field of medical research and patient care. This gathering will bring together experts, researchers, and patients to share insights, discuss the latest advancements, and foster collaboration in the fight against amyloidosis
Day 1: November 2, 2023
- Welcome Address: The congress kicks off with a warm welcome and an overview of the program’s goals.
- Understanding Amyloidosis: A comprehensive session exploring the fundamentals of amyloidosis, including its types, causes, and the mechanisms of protein misfolding.
- Diagnostic Approaches: Experts will delve into the current state-of-the-art diagnostic techniques, highlighting the importance of early detection for effective management.
- Patient Perspectives: A deeply moving and enlightening segment featuring patients sharing their personal journeys with amyloidosis, their challenges, and their triumphs.
- Treatment Options: Discussions on the latest therapeutic interventions, including medications, gene therapies, and emerging treatments, aimed at halting or even reversing the disease’s progression.
Day 2: November 3, 2023
- Research Insights: An overview of the latest research findings, highlighting breakthroughs in the understanding of amyloidosis and innovative approaches to treatment.
- Multidisciplinary Care: Emphasizing the importance of a team-based approach to amyloidosis care, involving specialists from cardiology, neurology, genetics, and more.
- Patient Advocacy: A panel discussion on the critical role patient advocacy plays in raising awareness, promoting research, and improving the lives of those affected by amyloidosis.
- Future Directions: A forward-looking session exploring the future of amyloidosis research and care, with a focus on collaborative efforts and emerging technologies.
- Closing Remarks: The congress concludes with reflections on key takeaways, commitments to future action, and gratitude to all attendees.
Location: LUSTRE COLEGIO OFICIAL DE MÉDICOS DE MADRID – Santa Isabel, 51. 28012 Madrid
Date: November 2-3, 2023
Registration: Click here to register
Program: Click here to have a look to the program
Who Should Attend?
The European ATTR Congress is a must-attend event for a wide range of professionals and stakeholders, including:
- Medical Practitioners: Cardiologists, neurologists, geneticists, and other specialists interested in amyloidosis care.
- Researchers: Scientists, clinicians, and academics advancing the understanding of amyloidosis and developing novel treatments.
- Patient Advocates: Individuals and organizations dedicated to supporting patients and raising awareness about amyloidosis.
- Patients and Caregivers: Those affected by amyloidosis can gain valuable insights, connect with experts, and find support.
The European ATTR Congress on November 2 and 3, 2023, promises to be a landmark event in the field of amyloidosis research and patient care. With an impressive program covering a wide range of topics, this congress will not only provide valuable insights and knowledge but also foster collaboration and hope in the fight against this complex group of diseases.
Whether you’re a healthcare professional, researcher, patient, or advocate, this event offers a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those affected by amyloidosis.
Don’t miss the chance to be a part of this transformative event!