The 5 “pillars” which Amyloidosis Alliance’s activities are based on: awareness & diagnosis, treatment, research, communication/information and advocacy.
- AWARENESS & DIAGNOSIS - to raise the profile of Amyloidosis, still a very little-known condition that is diagnosed and treated very late with dramatic consequences for the patients.
- TREATMENT - to help secure the best possible treatment and care for Amyloidosis patients around the world at affordable costs.
- RESEARCH - to promote research and clinical trials for new treatment methods.
- COMMUNICATION/INFORMATION - to disseminate up-to-date and easy to understand news about everything related to Amyloidosis with its member organisations, other NGOs, HCPs, industry and all other relevant stakeholders.
- ADVOCACY - to lobby with decision makers, primarily with other international organizations, for improved research and a fast approval process for new treatments